HIA TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Last Modified on June 19, 2020
- Will we share your personal information with third parties?
- What choices do you have about the collection and use of your personal information?
- What security measures do we take to safeguard your personal information?
What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
Types of Information We Collect
Personal information means information that can be used to identify and contact you. HIA’s Licensee for which your conversation is conducted through the App may have previously provided or may provide us with your name and email address in order for us to send you invitations and other information related to the conversation. In addition, we may collect data from your interactions with the App during the conversation, including making audio and video recordings of your conversation. We may use these recordings and data to analyze your verbal and non-verbal communications such as facial expressions, gestures and eye contact. By participating in an conversation through the App, you authorize HIA Technologies to use this personal information for the purposes identified herein.
Our servers automatically record information transmitted by the device that you use to access or use the App. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and version, which parts of the App you use, and from where, when and how long you use them. We use this information to monitor and analyze how users use the App, and to maintain and improve the App.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We will produce analytical data from the recordings made and data collected during your conversation (“Analytical Data”).
In addition, we may use your personal information with non-personal information that we have collected in a manner that does not personally identify you or any other user of the App. We may make your personal information non-personally identifiable by either combining it with information about other users (aggregating your personal information with information about other users), or by removing characteristics (such as your name or email address) that make the information personally identifiable.
HIA Technologies uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who uses the App and what screens are being viewed.
Will we share your personal information with third parties?
Sharing Your Information
We will share the recordings made and data collected during your conversation and associated Analytical Data with the Licensee.
We may use your depersonalized personal information to provide analyses of the App in the aggregate to our prospective business partners and other third parties. We may also share the personal information we collect from you under the following circumstances, and you expressly authorize us to share your information as follows:
- Protection of rights. We will share personal information if we have a good faith belief that (i) access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities, (ii) such action is appropriate to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use for the App, including any investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the App, or (iv) such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of HIA Technologies, its employees, users of the App or others.
- Asset transfers. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of HIA Technologies’ assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of the App, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you through email and/or a prominent notice within the App.
What choices do you have about the collection and use of your personal information?
Control of Your Information
You may request us to delete your personal information by sending us an email at email@example.com.
What security measures do we take to safeguard your personal information?
Your personal information is stored on servers which are protected by protocols and procedures designed to ensure the security of such information. We restrict access to personal information to HIA Technologies employees, independent contractors and agents who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and maintain the App. All HIA Technologies personnel who have access to this information are trained in the maintenance and security of such information. However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through the use of the App and you acknowledge and agree that you provide such information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk. Once we receive a transmission from you, we will endeavor to maintain its security on our systems.
In the event your stored personal information is compromised as a result of a breach of security, when appropriate we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation, notify you and take the necessary steps to comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
Notification of Changes
Questions? Contact Us
Terms and Conditions of Use
Please read the Terms and Conditions of Use governing your access and use of the App.